Thursday, March 25, 2010

Ex Boyfriend, where ya been?

I was sitting around yesterday reading random blogs and figured, "Hey, I can do that. My life is pretty interesting." So here I am. I figure this is easier then repeating what is on my mind 50 million times and getting crap advice anyway. When I tell someone what is on my mind, I don't necessarily want advice anyway, just someone to listen to what I have to say.

What's on my mind right now?! My ex, but not in the, "Oh why couldn't things work out, I want you back," kind of way. Here's the story... We will call him X. So X and I were together for a while, not super long but long enough. We lived together, mistake number 1. He came, picked me up and moved me from a different state. Mistake number 2. Whatever though. I don't regret any of it. So we broke up almost 3 years ago. He has a kid now and that's something that I will never be able to forgive him for. Oh yeah, we were also engaged at one point, that's why I won't forgive him. He made his decision and I've dealt with it. But yet, like clock work, he will call me or text me after months of no contact. I mean seriously. I have moved on with my life. I have a great job and I am in a really healthy, happy relationship. So this last time that he contacted me was through text message. Now this is his usual way of contacting me because I guess he doesn't have the balls to pick up the phone but there it was one night. I had just finished emailing my current bf. Long story, he is military, so this is how we have to communicate sometimes, and then BAM. Text message from X. I would like to say that it is my own fault because I had sent him a drunken text message for New Years but I was drunk. I'm allowed to fuck up once but texting me 3 months later?! Come on. So it's the usual conversation with him. How are you doing? How is life? I miss you. I fucked up. My life completely sucks and the situation that I am in is really bad. (He lives with his baby's mom whom he supposedly had a 1 night stand with.) I believe that the situation sucks and that he isn't happy but I don't believe the 1 night stand thing. Honestly, I think that the whole kid thing was intentional on his part.

What I am trying to get at is, "X, who the hell do you think you are that you can text me, call me, email me, WHATEVER, after almost 3 years of us being broken up? Do you really thing that I want or need to talk to you? My life is awesome and I couldn't be happier. I am sorry that your life completely sucks, but at the same time, I am not. You made those choices. You decided that you didn't want to try to work things out and now your are trying to live with the consequences." Don't try to drag me down, because it won't work. I am not the same person I was when we broke up. Yeah it still hurts sometimes but that's what love will do to you. I have grown up in the last 3 years and I don't need your bullshit or your excuses. I know you are all probably thinking that I should just change my number but I shouldn't have to. So if you are reading this GRAHAM... I hope you finally get the picture. You fucked up, you have no right to contact me anymore, and I am sooo much better off without you. Ü

No comments:

Post a Comment