Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The first of many correction days...

I got on the scale today and was not surprised that I will be having to complete some correction days. My bf has been at my house since before the fishing trip and we have been going out to eat all of the time. Most of the time I am really good with what I choose to order... No potatoes, no fries, nothing FRIED! The last couple of days I have caved though. We went to a brazilian steakhouse a couple of nights ago... These places are the best. For those of you that have never been to one... they have a yummy self serve salad bar and then the guys come around with freshly cooked meat on skewers. They slice off a piece and you are ready to go. Anyway, so I did really well until dessert. Even then, I have to applaud myself for not eating the whole thing. We split a creme brulee. I know, I know... Of all of the desserts. LOL Anyway, then yesterday we went out for dinner as well. I was going to make yesterday a steak day because we got up late and we didn't end up eating until around 3pm but by the time we got to the resturaunt, I didn't feel like steak anymore. Needless to say, I had shrimp and steamed broccoli. He had a peanut butter chocolate piece of pie. I had 2 bites of it. I definitely miss sweets but at the same time, it has been since June that I have had any. I am not making any excuses for this though. I am just stating the facts. And the fact is, I have a sweet tooth that has almost completely diminished. Snickers and Pepsi were my weakness, especially the Pepsi Throwback. I love that stuff. I still have a case of it, UNOPENED, in my apartment. I don't plan on opening it until I have complete control over this sugar craving, which could be a super long time. By control I mean, making I have to say that after my first round, I am extremely happy that I don't crave desert after every meal or that I don't crave Snickers right before TOM. Speaking of which, TOM should be arriving in a few days. I can feel it. I am starting to get really crampy and cranky. LOL. Oh so back to the food. Since I have definitely not made smart choices this past week, I made a smart choice this morning. I know that before I had said that I would be fine staying at 240lbs. Well 240lbs has come and gone. I will be doing correction days until I get back down to my LIW of 237lbs. I want to start R2 off correctly. I weighed in at 243.1lbs this morning. I was expecting a gain and am surprised it was not more. So I will be doing strict P3 eating with correction days every other day until I am back down. I think I can handle steak every other day. I have found that egg days don't really work for me. I am going to try a chicken day as well. Do I need to cook the check myself or can I just purchase the ones already cook from the grocery store and just snack on that??? Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT... I had originally started this post at 8am but got side tracked with work. BEWARE... RANT COMING... I found out some irritating news today regarding the recruiter my bf was working with. They pretty much told him to fuck off and that he can do his job search on his own. See, he signed and agreement to do a 30/30 program with them. 30 day job search, placed within 30 miles of your ideal location. Well, he signed into the agreement on August 19th. They had specific dates of when he would be out of the country so they could have been job searching for him them and he would be available immediately when we came back. FAIL #1 on their part. Then the bf inquired, KEYWORD INQUIRED, about the posibility of changing locations. Ok, he didn't call them right back, however, he told the recruiter he would talk it over with me and get back to him. It was 2 days! So that would have been 2 days on our part, however, he never told him to stop searching for jobs. He just INQUIRED about it. FAIL #2 on their part. Now, FAIL #3 is MAJOR... The recruiter emailed my boyfriend yesterday morning, letting him know that he needed more information for his resume. Now, here is my problem... Yesterday was the 13th of September. They had 6 days until the end of the 30/30 program. My boyfriend, in response, sent an email back to his recruiter asking/stating the following: Why is he just asking for a revision on the resume. The recruiter had it on the 19th. And when would he be going for job interviews??? This part is extremely important. He has been separated since the beginning of September. He just got his last paycheck and the movers need to know where to take the stuff. We can not get an apartment/house until he has income coming in. No one will approve use with just me. I do not make enough money. Also, the movers can only store our stuff for 90 days but we are anxious to start our new life. So, in response, the recruiter told my boyfriend that it WASN'T HIS FAULT that we were out of the country and he couldn't get ahold of him while we were gone, eventhough he gave them an email address to communicate with, and it WASN'T HIS FAULT that my boyfriend changed locations. This never happened. An inquiry is not a decision!!! On top of that, he also wanted to use the excuse that they had an issue last week with a candidate that they had placed, quitting his job. Well, I am sorry about that. I am sorry that the company you placed him with is asking for their money back but THAT is NOT my boyfriends fault. It also doesn't take the entire company to resolve an issue like that. So, to that recruiter... SCREW YOU. The government should NOT be doing business with you, especially with the way that you treat your candidates. 99% of the guys you work with do not know what it is like to work or look for a job in the civilian world because they have given so much of their life to the government and this is how you treat them??? SHAME ON YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment