Friday, October 8, 2010

Crockpot Chicken

I thought that I had posted this a few months back but I guess it must have slipped my mind. Fairly simple. Here is my Crockpot Chicken recipe.

100g Chicken Breast Tenders
1 to 2 cup vegetable broth
1-2 Tblspn Liquid Aminos
Green onion
Minced garlic
Crushed red pepper
Salt & Pepper

Tobasco (Optional)

Sometimes I add lemon juice instead of liquid aminos. Everytime I make this, it turns out different but this is pretty much the base. I only cook a max of 3 servings at a time. I just cut the chicken differently to know which is my 100g. I will usually keep one serving whole, chop one into bite size pieces, and just cut the other in half. You can't really do more then 3 though. I cook for 1 hour on high and then 7 hours on low. You probably don't have to cook it that long. I just do it bc I am gone for work for 8+ hours. I will usually put it in before I leave.

Oh, I forgot to add... After it is done, I take a fork and shred the chicken up. You may have to add more broth or you can add water to the mix because it will cook down over time. Let me know what variations you all throw on it. I am always up for trying something different!!! Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, so I did have some stuff other then the recipe to post. The bf has officially filed for unemployment. I think he is finally starting to realize why I am asking him to consider enlisting in the reserves. He has put in 10 years, he only has 10 years until he can retire with full benefits. We are young and the way the gov't is now, by the time we are ready to retire, we are going to be screwed. We will have our 401k, possibly not all of it, and whatever we have managed to save on our own. Anyway, he understands what I am trying to say. We can save up and invest, but just the medical in itself will help.

When I was updating my ticker today, I was looking at the number. That starting number was just so horrible! I WILL NEVER GO BACK! When I started the protocol, I told myself that if it really worked, I would never allow myself to see that number again. So far so good. Each day I get further and further away. BUT, today I realized that I am only 8.4lbs away from the half way point of my final goal!!! WOW WOW WOW. I never thought that it was possible. Yeah, every year, I lose in the summer time because it is hot and I am more physical then but every year I gain some of it back. Thanks to the protocol, I can say that this will not happen anymore. I have to thank my followers though. Kathryn and Helderheid have been reading from day 1! Both of you have given me awesome advice and helped me stay focused. Thank you! And to all of my other readers... Lavenderdiva, Darby, thank you for the ongoing support as well. You always have answers for my ongoing questions and wonderments regarding the protocol. Thank you!

Now, off to finish my last 8 hours of work. Hopefully I will have some new updates to read since it is getting later in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment