Friday, November 19, 2010

Week wrap-up - Jalapeño Poppers recipe

This last week has been nuts. Here is a run down...
Thursday - Last day of P2 LIW 210.1 for a total loss of 77.1lb after 2 rounds
Monday - Redskins football game/tailgate. They got their butts handed to them on a silver platter. Glad I'm not a fan. We left at half time because it was 30something-7 and it was raining.
Tuesday - Root canal and hair appointment. The root canal wasn't as bad as people make it seem. I also had 2 fillings done. Left the dentist $1500 poorer. Still got my hair done and the bf took me shopping where I picked up a pair of booties and hat for a total of $40. Wahoo, I love shopping the clearance rack.
Thursday - Supervisor interview in Boston. I think/hope I nailed it. I have this horrible tendency of getting extremely nervous. I was good until about 30 min before I was suppose to go in. The nervousness subsided after about 15 minutes.
Today is Friday which also means payday!!! Gotta love it. With all the commotion going on I forgot about my godsons birthday. I really am horrible with dates. I got him this pretty awesome gift though. I'll tell you guys what it is after they get it bc I know Sarah reads this and I want it to be a surprise. Did you read that Sarah??? I'm not telling!!! Lol TOM showed up on Tuesday. Glad I stopped R2 when I did. Anyway, I won't hear back about the position until after thanksgiving. Or so they said. Keep your fingers crossed. It isn't Vegas but Richmond is a more doable move.
So that's been my crazy life. Here is the P3 Jalapeno Popper recipe for you all.
12-16 jalapenos, halved and deseeded
8oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup shredded cheese (eyeball it)
1-2 jalapenos minced
2 green onions diced
1 minced chipotle pepper
Preheat oven to 375. Mix all ingredients together and spoon into empty jalapeno shells. Arrange on non stick cookie sheet or grease one w oil. I used Pam. Place on top rack of oven for ~15 minutes. Just watch them. You want the cheese to brown but not burn. If you want them to be less spicy, forgo the chipotle and limit how much of the minced jalapeno you mix in.
Let me know how you all like them! Enjoy! =o)

Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe!! These are definitely on my to do list!! Crossing my fingers on the job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! They are yummy. I was craving them really bad for the last week of P2 and of course the tailgate was the perfect time to make them. They were gone in no time!

    ReplyDelete