Monday, July 26, 2010

Dreading the SCALE!!!

I was definitely dreading the scale this morning. I had to sike myself up just to get on it. It was that bad. Of course, it didn't help that I was half asleep. LOL. This trip has reassured me that even when I am away from home, and I can't necessarily control every aspect of my eating, I can still control most of it. Now, I want everyone to understand that I was expecting either to be the same or a slight gain after vacation. I was not expecting a loss at all. When I get stressed, and let me tell you, right now my stress level is through the roof, I eat. Emotional eater? Yes, I WAS. With the protocol, I have been able to take control of that. I still have to hold myself back from my usual Snickers and Pepsi right before I start menstrating, but other then that, it hasn't been the huge struggle I thought it would be. Sure, it is hard. You are completely changing and getting rid of all of the bad habits picked up along the way, but ohh, is it worth it. So now the scale results....... 247.6!!!!! Well on my way to accomplishing my 2nd and final mini goal for P2. I was so surprised for the 5.1lbs loss. You CAN be successful while you are on vacation.

It's all about portion control as well. That was a big issue for me. I don't know when my portions became so large, but I would have to say it was after high school. That is also when I started to pack on the extra weight. I still weigh out my meat but I am almost to the point where I can tell if I am at 100g just by looking at the portion. It makes things easier. We definitely ate out while we were in Florida. I stuck to grilled chicken and shrimp on salad, topped with vinegar only. I did have diet Pepsi twice. Ugh, it won't happen again. I can not stand the taste. I also packed a cooler when we went to Orlando and Tampa. All in all, it wasn't that difficult and for the most part, I wasn't tempted to cheat. I was even able to get the bf to chow down on some HCG chili that I made the first day, which he loved.

TOM has been especially cruel this month. I have not dosed since starting, on Friday, but I am hoping that it will lighten up so that I can start again by Wednesday. So far, the only difference between last month and this month is that TOM did not disappear for a couple of days then come back full force. Remember, I dosed during TOM last month. Everything else is the same. Anyway, time for me to finish up here and check on everyone. It has been almost two weeks since I have been able to actually catch up on how everyone is doing. Hope everyone is having a great Monday so far!!!

7 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy for you! You've done SO well. I have every confidence you'll reach your goal!

    I hope your stress levels drop. :)

    It's so nice to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! It's good to be back! I missed my HCG buddies. I think we are going to end up in Tampa. What kind of connections do you have there in terms of realtors? We aren't ready to buy just yet but we are still up in the air about whether to rent a condo/townhouse or an apartment. We definitely have to have a garage (3 cars) so that's why we can't make up our minds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotcha. I have a referral network I can tap into of professionals that are truly experts. Let me do some searching and I'll get back with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I found someone for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - you are just rocking this - so proud of you. You will reach the next milestone hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!!! Just let me know... Or shoot me an email. Pretty much everything has to be done over the phone or through email because I don't think we will be able to go back to Tampa before we move.

    Thanks Kathryn! I'm definitely working hard at it, especially since I cheated earlier. LOL

    ReplyDelete