Saturday, August 14, 2010

Yay for football and beer!

I had a beer last night!!! Yes, 1 beer, oh and a shot of Patron. I figure, I have been good for so long and this is my first NFL game so I can allow myself that. I steered clear of hot dog buns and chips, although I did sneak a few when the bf bought some nachos. He knew I would definitely want some so he got a bunch of jalapenos, which I eat like candy, on the side. Instead of eating the whole tray of nachos, I ate practically ever jalapeño slice there was and only had maybe 3 of the actual chips. I had a Miller Light which only has 3.4 carbs in it. Maybe 3.6, I can't remember the exact number. The Bud Light Lime has like 12 carbs. I would have preferred a Yuengling, but ML will do. We grilled hot dogs and steak. I wasn't too hungry so I just had a Nathan's hot dog w mustard. I saved my steak for today bc I thought I may need to do a steak day bc of the alcohol. Plus I had grilled chicken from Chik-fil-a for lunch and idk what the heck they grill their chicken in. So I was prepared, but I got on the scale this morning and was only up 0.1. I am so excited! Yeah it's a gain, but I was really expecting it to be worse. Now I know that I will be fine when I go to Canada. I will just need to bring some breakfast foods bc all they have is cereal and sandwiches for lunch. Oh, and I definitely had like 2 deviled eggs yesterday. I can tell that I don't need much to feel full. I don't each as much as I used to. Normally I could eat the entire tray of deviled eggs, nachos, and then polish off at least 2-3 hotdogs. Not anymore. I am keeping up w my water intake as well bc it is soo bloody humid out here. Ok, well I just wanted to update everyone. I am trying to update as much as possible before I go to Canada bc I won't have any Internet service unless I am actually out on the water. I am debating on bringing my scale or if I should just say screw it and wait till I get back to the states to weigh. I won't really be able to do a correction day while I'm there bc we mainly eat fish every night. Any advice will be gladly accepted regarding the topic at hand! Happy Saturday!!!


Sent from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. Great job on what you had and only a tiny blip up on the scale! I'd take my scale and since you can't do a steak day you could always do a protein day like I've seen others do.....of course who am I since I'm only done with my 3rd day on P2 ;) Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go - 0.1 is nothing and is a sign you are stabilizing well. About your other post and your mothers comment. Do not worry about what others say. Sometimes they are coming from a very bizarre place in that they see your previous attempts at weight loss and are not sure if this time you are serious and will maintain so they do not give you the compliments you deserve. My mother has made similar comments in the past.

    Enjoy your trip to Canada. Too bad you will be on the west coast because if you were coming to Ontario I would sure love to meet you. Have a good trip and I would think about bringing a small scale. I have seen mini one at Ikea for $5. That way you can be in the right mindset and be sure that you are not overeating or undereating based on what the scale says each day. The stabilizing can be tricky. Some peope count calories others do not. But the scale will tell you if you are stabilizing correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn!!! We will definitely be heading to Ontario area in the near future. I have never been and would love to explore more. I actually enjoy Canada like people enjoy going to Europe or Australia. Haha. I will look into getting a small scale. I do not have time to do it while I am here. I will have to wait until I get to Seattle. Hopefully they still have something small for that price at Ikea. That store is like heaven to me. LOL I have not been counting calories. I just don't eat until I am stuffed. I can pretty much tell when I have eaten too much by how I feel and you are right, the scale will show it.

    Catatonic, thanks for the advice. I don't know if I will be able to do a very good protein day because pretty much all we will be eating is fish. Hopefully things will be ok. Both you and Kathryn have convinced me to get a scale. Welcome to the start of your new life!!! I started following you so I am excited to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! Talk about stable! :D I would take Kathryn's advice on the scale. :) Have FUN! Oh, and you did get connected to that agent, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. HH... I just read this... I did get connected but she couldn't really help me. She said that she didn't have anything in our criteria and that I would be better off scouting out this place called Rent Solutions or something. Either way, we are back at square one and I am over looking for a place to live.

    ReplyDelete