So I wasn't planning on talking about hCG in this blog but I don't think that is avoidable. I spent the better part of my afternoon yesterday grocery shopping and weighing out meat. Well, in actuality, I only spent like 20 mins at the grocery store. Most of my afternoon was spent watching CSI and weighing out meat. LOL I am so glad that my roommate decided to grow herbs out on the deck this season. I definitey forgot to pick up certain things and was able to just go pick them from the garden. For those of you just starting the protocol, I would recommend trying to prepare as many meals as possible ahead of time. For the most part, I buy all of my meat fresh, especially the fish. Then I measure out the portions when I get home. If you have a vaccuum sealer, they are awesome! Even before going on the protocol, I would buy meat in bulk. So what I do is just separate out the whole chicken breast, not cutting it up into the mandatory 100 grams. Then I season it, vaccuum seal it, and throw it in the freezer. When I run out of whatever is in the fridge, the stuff that is in the freezer is ready to go. All I need to do is thaw it out. I have noticed that alot of people do this with foil or parchment and make pouches for the oven, although I do not think that they are freezing it. The pouches are also great but I prefer to grill my food, regardless of what it is. I think that is the Californian in me.
Now for my morning. Yesterday was a test. I had to be at work at 0430 so I took my hCG dose after I got ready for work. I think that was a mistake because it was too early for my body. I felt hungry at like 7pm last night even though I had already had my dinner. When I work this early, I definitely try to get into bed by 8pm however, I have found this rather hard since the time change. It doesn't start to get dark until at least 9pm. This morning I woke up with the worse hunger pains, pangs, whatever you want to call it. (If anyone out there has to work this early and has some suggestions, I am open to hear them) This morning I decided that I would just bring my hCG to work and take it around 0700. It is now 0602 and my hunger pains are still going strong. I have had almost .5L of water so far. I am tempted to take it now but I know that my day is going to be extremely long. I am also wondering if it is because my body is not used to eating on a regular basis and normal times. Before, because of my work schedule, breakfast would be around lunch time, lunch would be around dinner time and dinner, well, dinner would be around 9pm. Since starting the protocol, I am eating around 0800 for breakfast then lunch around 1230, and dinner around 6pm. They recommend not eating after 6pm but not everyone can do that, however, I do not eat after 7pm. My day doesn't usually end until around 10:30pm so 7pm is the latest that I can eat.
Yesterday was another good day for weight loss. I am down to 275.2lbs. That is a total of 12lbs since starting phase 1, 6 days ago. I definitely think that is good. I can't wait for my bf to get home and see me. He is in the Navy and underway right now. I probably won't get to see him until the last week of June because we live 3hrs apart. In a way, it is a good thing. He knows that I am unhappy with my weight and that I was planning on starting the protocol. He just didn't know when. Well, since he is gone for almost a month, I figured now was the perfect time. He loves to go out to dinner and I prefer to stay home and cook. We came to an agreement before he left though. No more eating out. We are planning on moving when he is done with the Navy so we need to save that money. In the end, we both benefit. I am losing the pounds and he is saving the money. Ü Now if we could only agree on where we are going to live once he gets out of the Navy. (I know, bad decision. I don't agree with him leaving, especially since he is half way to retirement but ultimately it's his decision.)
Anyway, that's all for now. I will post pictures this weekend. I have a feeling that I won't feel like doing anything when I get home besides setting my DVR for the World Cup tomorrow!!!
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Glad to have found your blog. You've made excellent progress so far! Usually the hunger passes by day 3-4 of VLCD. Maybe you need to up your dose by just a little bit. I'm assuming you're doing injections so maybe increasing it by just a little each day will help. You probably already have your needles prepared but maybe you could take one and then use another one to take just a little bit more out of each day. I'm not an expert by any means but I've heard that increasing the dose slightly can help with hunger.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work. I think having the goal of wanting to show off your weight loss to your BF when he returns home is a great movtivator.
Thank you so much Kathryn! I am actually doing sublingual. I just can't bring myself to inject anything. I am not too fond of needles. I was thinking the same thing, that I may need to up my dosage. Right now I am just taking the standard .25mL 2x daily. I just don't know how much I should increase to. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
ReplyDelete