Thursday, June 17, 2010

Utter Frustration

Well, I am not too happy today. I am up +1 from yesterdays weight... Which was 268.7 since I didn't have time to blog. I have gone over everything that I shoved in my mouth and I know for a fact that I did not stray or go over my 500 allotted calories. I was actually UNDER! I don't normally count my calories but yesterday I did. I just wanted to get a feel of what I was actually consuming. Fruit and veggies are so low that you can actually eat more then you think in a meal. Now that I know that I roughly have an extra 100 calories left after everything I will up one or the other with each meal.

My hunger pains have subsided and I am starting to find that I am not hungry at the end of the day. Sometimes I feel like I can't even eat all of my meal. If this happens, I leave the Melba toast out. I can't stand the stuff anyway. I did discover different flavors of Melba toast when I was at the grocery store the other day. I was in a rush and didn't buy any so I haven't looked to see what the ingredients are. Tomorrow is grocery day, well after the World Cup, so I will check them out then. You may find this disgusting, I know some will appreciate it, but I have been putting Tabasco on my Melba toast. LOL What?! It tastes better that way and it's only about 1/8 of a teaspoon. I can't help it. I crave spicy food. 

I found a recipe for chili that I can't wait to make. I need more substance when it comes to the food we are allowed to eat. You can only do grilled chicken/steak so many ways. So, my question for today is... Has anyone substituted their beef for turkey??? I prefer turkey over beef, unless it is bison, anyway. I feel that it is a lot healthier as well. Please let me know your thoughts on this. I plan on making the chili tomorrow and would rather use turkey then beef. 

Other then that, I think that is it for now. Today is my day off and I don't plan on doing ANYTHING except cleaning house and watching the World Cup. I missed the first game at 0730 but I didn't feel like getting up. Greece is playing Nigeria right now. Pretty decent game but I am waiting for tomorrow morning. Germany v Serbia.

3 comments:

  1. I am so with you - gain, under 500 cals, all of it! GADS! Hang in there. :) I never liked the melba either so I haven't had it since R1, and I didn't eat it that entire round either. Gave it up the first week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, and thanks for the encouragement! NEED IT TODAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you too!!! Definitely need it today. I think I will drop the Melba. They have Melba crisps or something also. They are little round flavored Melba. For the most part everything is the same except for maybe 1 or 2 ingredients. I'm happy without it though. Keep on going! I'm right there with you.

    ReplyDelete